RE: Howard's Fears

Suzie Hayes's Mother was telling us about this ride. I can't remember the year or many of the details but it was a "ride-to-the-ride", compete, and ride home again thing. might have been the first year they did it as she was a youngster at the time....maybe suzie could be coerced into passing along the real story??.....

johnt
-----Original Message-----
From: BMcCrary27@aol.com [mailto:BMcCrary27@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 7:58 AM
To: guest@endurance.net
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Howard's Fears

In a message dated 3/28/01 6:05:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

Actually longer...in the March 2001 issue of The Morgan Horse -
there is a picture on page 104 from the October 1952 cover that
shows three famous Morgans at the 'annual 100-mile ride in
Woodstock, Vermont.'

The Vermont 100 was a famous ride; I remember reading about it in Western
Horseman back in the 1940s.  It was, as I believe, a 3-day 100, but an
endurance event nevertheless.

Barbara