Thin Horse

hi,

I have a question about a horse that I have written
about before. I am still having trouble keeping weight
on the horse. He has occasional trouble with runs and
is getting 11/2 flakes morning and evening of alfalfa
(I can't feed him grass hay or oat hay - makes runs
much worse. He also has the same problem with oil) He
also gets 5 big scoops of Complete Advantage, with
added probiotics - it works out to be about 1 (40 lb
bag) of Complete Advantage a week.

I worm every 6 weeks (strongid/zicmecterin). I did the
the Panacur Purge and his teeth last fall. He does 1-2
(3 mile ride)during the week and a couple of  longer
rides during the weekend. The horse's attitude is fine
(bright eyed but quiet) but he is a little ribby and
his hipbones are a little prominent. I guess that I
can't believe how much food is going into a 14.2 hh
horse without having him explode. I am wondering if
there is a non-oil addition or something less
expensive and/or higher calorie than the Complete
Advantage. He eagerly dives into eating his food

None of my other horses have trouble keeping weight
on. He lives with another horse but this thin horse is
definitely in charge.

Suggestions?

stasia