Howard's fears

Howard, fear not.  Distance riding whether endurance or competitive has been
around for 30 years or more.  Those of us, sigh - I hate to admit this - who
have been around just as long, have seen some changes but not the changes
that you are afraid of.  There is room for all of us to enjoy this sport in
the manner that we desire to.  There can be FEI rides for those who want to
participate and then there will be AERC rides for those who want to
participate on the amateur level.  At times it will be like watching your
daughter grow up and want to get married.  Are you going to meet the guy at
the door with a shotgun or are you going to be willing to listen?  Knowing
you, you will have the shotgun and a 2 by 4!  We all just need to sit down
and figure out the best way to handle things.  Unfortunately things change
and life goes on, but we can certainly be smart and have intelligent input
for the changes.  Jeanie in MI who loves listening to Louise Reidel who
loves to say that she constantly sees history repeat itself!