Re: Problem with stall walking mare

Meaghan Athenamax@aol.com said:

>my mare has been stall walking for that last few month from bordom.

For academic interest, I offer as a counterpoint to what everybody
else is saying the "show horse people" solution to this problem.
It is what was done with stall walkers at the place where I
had my Morgan in saddleseat show training.

Put chains on her front feet.  Not ankle chains, but those long
draggy 18" "kicking" chains.  They act like a kind of drag anchor
and will at least slow her down.

;->   (<--for newbies, this is a "winkie face;" it means I am joking.)

Linda B. Merims
lbm@ici.net
Massachusetts, USA