UAE/AERC (my final stupid remarks)

>When we assign motives to others we often do so by reflecting on our own
>motivations. Particularly if we know nothing about those whom we are quick to
>judge. One of the more sickening aspects of an open forum like this is that
>you are exposed to the obvious and transparent frailties of human nature. A
>certain ugly baseness arises on occasion that leaves an unpleasant smell
>behind. For the sake of everyone's comfort, it would be useful if the very
>vocal here would take just a little more time to think rather than to type.
>
>ti

Tom,

well said - as usual! I really don't know what kind of problems some guys
(and girls) out there have with the UAE. Hey, I wrote that already some
months ago: Endurance isn't just the USA and Australia. Currently there is
worldwide "endurance family" which is growing and learning and helping each
other. Yes, a big part of this is because the UAE is spending huge amounts
of money into this sport, making it possible for riders from every country
to take part in international events. Is this a bad thing? Do they do this
just for their own benefit? No, I don't think so. One example: In 1999 the
European Youth Championship was held in Germany. We got a nice sum AFTER
the event - and it weren't UAE riders to get the trophy! They don't buy
events - they "buy" the best of the best. Lots of great trainers and riders
(and horses of course) are now under the UAE-flag, being paid for teaching
them, helping them to improve their abilities. And they are doing a great job!
So instead of bothering around, typing silly words - go out and work your
horse, guys! Be prepared and ready to beat them - in competition, not in
the internet! Some out there have already understood that message, now it's
up to you!

Tom, it was marvelous to meet you in person down there. I just hoped that
we found a bit more time to share the experiences. I hope that here in
Europe we are able to ride and compete this year - f&m!!!

Happy trails, more on horsescience,

Wolfgang
Endurance Trainer and Consulter
Germany