RE: Re: World's Most Preferred

Hmm, I would say a sponsor is a sponsor.  Sounds like it just became not politically correct to have the UAE be a sponsor.  Last time I looked, sponsorship didn't give them any say in how the race is run, so why not - unless its not PC.

Or does it stick in somebody's craw that the US is getting financial help from somewhere else in the world - just like we've been handing it out for the last 60 years?

Alison Farrin

The offer was made in a two-part motion:  1) To make the AERC NC a dual AERC/FEI ride and, 2) that the FEI portion would be funded by the UAE (in some form).  I personally did not care one way or the other about the FEI addition -except how that might affect the format of the ride- but I was very upset that the board so easily accepted underwriting (call it sponsorship or whatever you like) from another country.  This is the American Endurance Ride Conference National Championship and I believe we can finance our own events without funding from another nation .  By Sunday a majority of the Board felt that way, too.

Randy