well...

So the horses left early this morning. Tom, Karen, and
Steph are flying with them (to NY and LA respectively)
and we'll see what happens....Cristy and Sandra went
with them to the barn this morning (at 1:00am) to do
all the final preparations.

I've got a bunch of photos from the race day but it
seems that www.endurance.net is down untill someone
can go hit the power switch in Moscow, I'll keep you
posted on that (with a notice when it comes back) its
kinda late there now (9:36pm) so we'll see what
happens with getting back running tonight.

but, I did locate the final finish information and
will type in a summary of it here.  There might be a
few spelling errors.....

There were 88 starters, 37 finishers (42% completion
rate) - a few controversies - lots of stuck chase
vehicles - and some pretty good rides!!!

johnt

(p.s. it seems that Stephs ride shirt has grown feet
and vanished. although they don't give tee shirts as
awards, the do make polo shirts with the riders name
on it.  Steph's was last seen wearing a person
somewhere in the vacinity of the endurance village.
now there were 37 countries represented at the ride.
the shirt could surface anywhere in the world.  I'm
thinking of doing a "where's steph's shirt" contest
given the notariety which accompanied her exchange of
shirts back in the post-ride celibrations in
Compienge.

I'll put up a photo of the missing shirt as soon as I
can and announce the prizes etc. But if you see
steph's shirt wearing a person anywhere in the world,
please let ride camp know and we'll try to track it
down.....(p.s. to the person to which steph's shirt
has bonded - don't be afraid - its totally benign (i
think) wear it with pride and pass it along if it
becomes too much of a bother to you:)

till later,

johnt
========

01- 6:11:18 - UAE - Abduliah Bilhab
02- 6:11:35 - UAE - Sh, Juma Dalmook J. Al Maktoum
03- 6:19:35 - UAE - Mubarak Khalifa bin Shafya
04- 6:34:03 - AUS - Terry Wood
05- 6:36:25 - UAE - Ahmed Mohd Jasim Al Hammadi
06- 6:36:26 - UAE - Khalid Abdul Rahim Al Hammadi
07- 6:39:45 - UAE - Sh, Mohd Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
08- 6:39:46 - UAE - Sultan Ahmad Sultan bin Sulayem
09- 6:39:48 - UAE - Abdullah Khamis Ali Saeed
10- 6:40:00 - ESP - Merce Oms Molist
11- 6:48:15 - UAE - Mohd Saif Al Mazrooei
12- 6:49:22 - UAE - Mohd Ali Al Shafar
13- 6:53:46 - UAE - Muhair Saeed Al Shabani Kitbi
14- 7:06:55 - UAE - Saeed Abdulla Al Ketbi
15- 7:09:55 - ESP - Miguel Moreno
16- 7:15:37 - GBR - Katie Smith
17- 7:15:38 - AUS - Margaret Wade
18- 7:18:15 - USA - Jennifer Nice
19- 7:28:01 - UAE - Sh Ahmed bin Mohd Al Maktoum
20- 7:29:50 - MAL - Dato Kamaruddin bin Abdul Ghani
21- 7:31:30 - FRA - Yvon Ollivier
22- 7:32:29 - JAP - Midori Yasunaga
23- 7:32:57 - RSA - Pauline du Plessis
24- 7:33:26 - USA - Karen Dicamillo
25- 7:33:27 - BEL - Pierre Arnould
26- 7:56:27 - CAN - Kristy Janzen
27- 7:56:32 - DEN - Joanne Hvid
28- 8:14:46 - JOR - Abed Fatah Salem
29- 8:18:15 - ITA - Gianluca Laliscia
30- 8:25:00 - ITA - Fausto Fioricci
31- 8:34:26 - NOR - Ellen Suhr
32- 8:34:25 - SWE - Leif Karlsson
33- 8:35:37 - USA - Jan Worthington
34- 8:37:45 - GBR - Charles Edward Wilson
35- 8:46:39 - ARG - Diego Sanchez
36- 8:52:17 - SUI - Angela Kunz
37- 9:52:03 - GER - Franz Brueck

=====