Re: RC: RE: RE: Worlds Most Preferred--Really?

> can you tell us were the following
> products were invented?  I bet it's all American!
>
> Easyboots
> Heart rate monitors for horses
> Endurance saddlery (e.g. Orthoflex)
> Paste electrolytes for horses
> Biothane Tack
> Neoprene Tack

Heart Monitors originated in Finland, and they
were (and still are) designed for humans. Some of
the better saddles are now coming from
abroad.....BioThane is being bought up as a raw
material and tack being manufactured there.  So
far, most of them do not have "Wal-Mart" from
which their population chose mediocrity instead of
quality.

BUT, how about exercise physiology?  We have STILL
antiquated training methods for racehorses, most
breaking down and costing hundreds of thousands of
dollars (mostly tax write-offs, tho, so I guess
they serve a purpose.) Exactly what research is
seriously being done and implemented on them?

> Is the UAE funding research like the Pride Project
> and Gayle Eckers studies?  This is a lot different from
> funding Tom Ivers.  Without this empirical data, Tom
> Ivers wouldn't be able to do what he does.

They buy knowledge.  First they have to know it is
happening.  Invite them to the Biltmore to meet
Gayle and she will be made an offer....

Tom gets his data from a great many sources...most
of which would surprise most of us.  Just get his
newsletter.... he was very much an athlete in his
day.

> In the business world, USA are innovators.  Japan
> just takes the innovations and perfects it, but they
> are not innovators.  This is well documented. (And I
> am of Japanese ancestry, but alas, American in mindform.)

And just WHO is making the big bucks from it?  It
matters not if you have a good product, it is how
it is marketed... Don't get caught up in the
"Amerikan" mindset.  If we were truly innovators,
we would be doing something about the energy
crisis.  In fact, the energy crisis is being
created by our very own government!!!!  Politics
and money control all in the US, don't be fooled
by ANYTHING else.

> Where was the first acknowledged endurance competition?

It sure does not matter who was first, but who
does the best job........ It is not enough to
create.

> The only thing that the UAE has over us is the money.
> They can buy expertise and our horses, but don't forget
> that it's OUR expertise and OUR horses they are buying.

Don't fool yourself.  They are buying France,
Australia, etc...they all beat the USA at the
WEC..... If YOU had their kind of money, you'd buy
all you could and learn from it.

> Kinda wierd, isn't it?  American Arabian horse going back
> to the Middle East where they were originally derived from.
> They are also buying Arabians from Australia, huh?

You got it.  They are trying to buy back their
heritage without really knowing where it all came
from.  Polish Arabs, Russian Arabs, Crabbets,
etc.  FEW trace in EVERY line back to the desert.

One thing they cannot buy is education.  That they
will have to work for.  They buy those that have
the knowledge, and if they are smart enough to
listen and experiment (which they ARE), they will
end up way ahead of us.

--
Teddy Lancaster

Home at last!!!! 10,000 miles, 18 states, 6 weeks.

Next Attending Equine Affaire April 5-9, 2001,
Columbus, OH
http://www.equineaffaire.com

If they are shooting at you, you must be doing
something right--

Does this mean I cannot tell the Emperor he has
no clothes unless I have a Kingdom?
--

Running Bear Farm, Inc.
1348 Township Road 256