RE: RC: RE: RE: Worlds Most Preferred--Really?

Teddy:

You are not incorrect in your surmising but you do forget one important
factor. How many Americans are willing to shell out in the range of one
million dollars to put on an endurance ride. That is a rough estimate of
what was expended in the UAE this past month! The return on investment, of
very great importance to the American Endurance Competitor, is just not
there.

Just think what we could do with 10% of the cost of the ride in the UAE! The
AERC would be over funded and our championship rides would be fantastic.

It is not that the US is behind in the use of the technology, it is the US
is a place where the every day citizen can participate in Endurance
Competition. The US rider does not have to belong to the Royal Family, be a
major functionary in the Government of the country of even be rich (it does
help though). All you need to participate in endurance in the US is a horse
and a way to get to the ride.

There are plenty of competitors in the US using Tom's knowledge (they do
what they can, cannot afford to hire him though) there are plenty of
competitors out riding the top FEI riders on a limited budget. Not every one
riding can afford to ride nation wide so just ride in their own region. But
they are top competitors.

Now, If you are worried that Tom is selling his knowledge why do you not
come up with a method to out bid the Arabs and keep him here for our team?
With out business sponsorship our sport will have no money.

Bob