Re: RC: RE: RE: Worlds Most Preferred--Really?

In a message dated Fri, 23 Mar 2001  4:40:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Kathy Mayeda" <kathy_mayeda@atce.com> writes:

<< Bob, Debi, wow.  I don't see how you come to this conclusion that the riders
are considering their horses to be "expendable" by competing there.  <snip>  The fact that three riders pulled their horses themselves indicates
that they feel their horses are NOT expendable.  They would have
continued until they had a dead horse if they thought they were
expendable.>>

Amen, Kathy.  And the fact that so many were pulled tells me that the veterinary staff at the ride did not feel that horses were expendable, either.  It has been my experience that veterinary standards are REALLY tight at rides such as this one, and that there is no "wait-and-see" attitude about minor or "iffy" problems--the vets err toward the conservative, and the horses are removed from competition.  Just the reverse of what one would see if the horses were considered to be an expendable part of the equation....

Heidi