Granulosis Cell Tumors

Susan Vuturo needtoride@yahoo.com
My 6yo filly out of my wonderful endurance mare, Fleetara, and
the great endurance stallion, Bold Soldier, died as a result of
a HUGE (cantalope sized) granulosis cell tumor on one of her
ovaries several years ago.  The tumor was successfully removed;
however, she bled internally and as a result of that trauma (she
lost a LOT of blood), she foundered and after a heartbreaking
4 month battle with founder, she had to be put down.  One of the
most horrible experiences of my life.