Riding on pavement

Does anyone here ride their horses on tarmac pavement?

I was told that in limited amounts, it will increase bone density and build
up tendon strength.

We're knee deep in mud here, so getting to ride a deserted farm to market
road is very tempting.

Would easyboots make any difference in the concussion problems?

My horse is a barefoot, six-year-old, ex-race arab.