Re: RC: bone scans ~ fetlock joint

At 09:00 PM 3/19/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Interesting, Marv
>I've gone to a chiro for years and even used the techniques on my
>critters but never thought of using them for legs--- just backs and
>necks. Have you had good experiences with them for limbs?

Yes.  A good chiro insists on and should be given free rein to work the
whole horse. ANY joint can be twisted enough to be painful and yet not
show up on x-rays or be detected by someone who does not regularly
work with mis-alignments.

Fetlocks often "lock".  A slip and sudden stop in mud, a hoof sticking
when it should slide, any number of things can jam a fetlock.  It may
work loose with time or be forcibly unlocked by the horse's movements
which often opens up arthritis possibilities.  A chiro will manipulate the
fetlock joint into proper alignment and then just reverse the action that
caused the lock.

If it is a locked fetlock and the horse has had it for a while, the horse has
developed compensating injuries.  The diagonal leg has to take up the slack
and the extra demands almost certainly have caused problems there.  And
the problems on the diagonal have affected the neighboring structures as
well.  All because of a slight twist on the other side of the horse.  Quite
often
when you get one area corrected the compensating area becomes more
obvious.  You often have to work the kinks out of the whole horse by working
backwards from the injury.

I have a reputation for solving a LOT of different horse problems.  I have a
foolproof procedure for correcting a horse's mental attitude and if that
doesn't
work, I look for physical problem and call in the chiros.  There are few horses
that combination doesn't VASTLY improve if not fix.

Lameness in a hind leg CAN be caused by a vertebrae behind the ears.
Lameness CAN cause a problem in the neck or anywhere else.

Marv "Do not remove this Snigtag under penalty of law." Walker
http://MarvWalker.com/ ~ Horse and other info.