bone scans

Has anyone out there ever had a bone scan done on a horse.  I am fully aware of what it entails when scanning a human.   But I wonder, where does a horse get a scan at? Do they use radionucleids? Do horses get bad allergic reactions like people do?  Is this an extremely expensive procedure?  What are alternatives that other people have tried?  I am very unknowledgeable about  the whole idea, and wonder if anyone would like to share their experiences.  Beth