Loose Horses

Ed Roley naztari@aol.com
I was at a ride this weekend where there were
several episodes of horses running loose. All
were rounded up safely and as far as I know
there was no major damage. At one point about
6 horses charged through my horses corral. The
fence posts and wire were scattered. The wire did
end up around my horses legs (loosely) and he just
stood there (he is so cool under pressure)until
I was able to get him untangled. He had no marks
on him and the fence was back up in a jiffy. I
can hear the responses about me having "wire" and
not tape but I use it because my goal is to keep
my horse in and hadn't thought too much about
keeping others out.

My question is about who is responsible should horses
get loose in camp like that and someone elses horse,
themselves or their property get seriously damaged?