Nervous Horse

Liz Masters liz.masters@cittcom.com
I just purchased a 7 year old Arabian Mare from a Show Home.  The mare was too much horse for the show ring but has settled down to trail riding and a conditioning program.  So far she has had excellent recoveries and a very willing desire to please and also to climb the next hill.  She has very good ground manners and a been there done that mentallity from being in the show ring since she was a yearling.  I have only found one BIG problem with her.  When she is in a trailer by herself she has a fit.  She kicks the sides of the trailer, throws her head and just gets herself completely sweaty all over.  I just found this out this weekend because all of the other rides I have trailered her she has been with another horse.  I have been using Rescue Remedy and it has helped a little but not enough.  Any ideas would be appreciated.