Re: RC: Knickers?? Not me!

In a message dated 3/16/01 10:08:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Well, I will share what I have ridden in for years. Running tights. Thats
it, nothing under them. >>

Bless you, Tracey, for starting this thread.  I have suspected as much, what
the lady said above, for some time now, since most tights will show what's
going on down under.  Course, a gentleman wouldn't look, and I think most of
you would guess where I fall under that gentleman category.

Not to change the subject (I hope this one lasts forever) but for men, we
don't do the same thing, and I feel confident I can speak for most.  We need
protection, especially when it comes to riding a horse who can stop suddenly,
on a dime, without warning.  The pain can be excruciating, and I'm convinced
it's why more men don't play cowboy.

Even my wife has asked me where, exactly, does everything hang, when I'm on
top of my horse.  Do I sit on them? Do they bounce around like the name for
them implies?  Wouldn't a fleece cover on top of my saddle help me?  Is this
why I have a tendency to pass out, sometimes, on the trail?

But, alas, having lived down here in the South for over 20 years now I've
come to one conclusion.  One answer that seems to be the best.  And it's the
cure all for most problems.  What do I use for knickers when I'm on a horse?
Duct tape, of course.

cya,
Howard  (somehow, I don't think Tracey was embarrassed at all by this)