Strangles...but did vaccinated horses get sick??

Jonni <jonnij@ntws.net>
Stiil I have not seen a post letting us know if any horses have contracted Strangles that had been vaccinated with the nasal "spray" vaccination. If all horses who contracted Strangles at one of these rides had not been vaccinated, then I would suggest you talk to your vet about having it done as part of your yearly shots, coggins etc.

If there WERE horses who contracted Strangles after being vaccinated, I would be curious as to more details. How long ago were they vaccinated, etc.

I used to ride in Griffith Park in the center of Los Angles. Bridle trails, with public water troughs, shared with ALL types of horses and riders. I always let my horse drink, and was probabaly lucky, as I never had a horse get sick. This was LONG before vaccinations for things like Strangles.

Jonni, Texas