Re: RC: old horses

Hello,
My horse will be turning 15 in May.
I basiclly ride everyother day and during the weekend I ride about 50 miles
(25 miles a day).
I feed him mainley a grass/alfalfa mix and he gets beat pulp once a week.
If I gave it to him everyday he would kill me lol!
I have tried some multi day rides but I have not been sucsessful.
Have always been pulled.
His metabolic system is not designed for muli-days I guess.
So we mainley stick to 50's.
This season I am going to have some blood work done if he gets another
metabolic pull.
I have noticed the older he gets the more problems he has had metabolicly.
I don't know if it is the same with other older horses.

Colleen K. & Polaris(I'm in my golden years!)