Animal By Products in feed

Stacy Olsen stacy.a.berger@intel.com
Well - even by Susan's definitions - I have no problem feeding
my dogs animal by-products.  I'd rather it be good quality if I am buying expensive dog food - but am also concerned about the amount of corn (my shepard is allergic).  My dogs would choose to
eat any of it - including road kill 3 weeks old regardless of how grossed out I am.  Dogs are carnivores and also the clean up crew in the wild along with the vultures.

Now my horses - that is entirely different.  Horses are herbivores, ie vegan vegatarians!  Even when starving, I don't believe a horse will eat the deceased members of its herds...
dogs will, as will humans.  Horses should not be eating animal by products, in my opinion, because they are not designed to do so by mother nature.  Feed companies are looking at the profits
they can make, and really don't care about the nutrition goals for your horse.  They just don't want to get sued.