word to the wise

Well, I sympathize with all of you talking about lousy weather, but it
was 65 degrees and the mud was dried up here so I felt obligated to ride
everything on the place if possible.  So, I take my psycho endurance
horse out to ride with 2 horses he hasn't seen in ages and oops, brought
the snaffle bit.  For five hours I attempted to "use my seat aids" to
help slow my horse.  As a result, I rubbed the hide off my lower half in
a full seat pattern from my knees all the way up the backs of my tights
and my rear end.  Got in the shower this morning and thought, OUCH! why
does that sting? So, rather than ride with a saddle today, I had the
bright idea to ride the Welsh pony for 3.5 hours bareback.  All I can say
was that he lost considerable electrolytes through his back and that
electrolytes and shedding pony hair working their way through your tights
to chafed skin is not an enjoyable experience...especially when you're
bouncing your brains out keeping up with your daughter who is riding a
darned good endurance horse with a saddle!  The moral is, there are worse
things than being snowed in.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.