Speaking of natural(for Equines)

I am feeding my friend's horses while she is out of the country. She had a hair analysis done on her 12 y.o. mare on the recommendation of the Homeopathic chiro/accupuncturist vet. He prescribed coconut soya oil, and a liquid silica supplement, plus a myriad of other things that my friend said not to worry about. Is there a specific reason for coconut oil? Do horses in tropical climates eat coconuts(Howard?) And is silica deficiency common? This poor girl is losing her appetite with all this vile stuff he wants her to be fed!! Thanks for any insight!

Nancy
Billy Joe (KISS)
Molly (Thank goodness I have slow metabolism, I'll have Poa Annua)