Re: RC: Re: Abetta and other saddles

  Well since we are back to saddles ...I have a
question for ya'll.

    Has any one tried the Specialized Saddle
(http://www.specializedsaddles.com)? I'm interested in
the pros and cons with this saddle. I like the idea
it's based on. Owning a young horse whose back will
change alot in the next few years, an adjustable
saddle seems ideal for me. I saw some of these saddles
at our NATRC Region 4 mini convention. Was impressed
with the workmanship and quality of leather...just
wondered how the "velcro" shims held up over time and
hard use.

   I'm currently using a Big Horn endurance saddle.
Although it fits my horse now (the best I can tell
anyway)it dosn't fit me. The stirrups hang a bit
forward and the seat is very uncomfortable. I did
invest in a skito seat pad which helps some. I'm also
having major problems with it slipping to one side.
Thought it was me, but didn't have the problem with my
other saddles(a western and a close contact english)
also this is the only saddle I can not mount up on
without it sliding completely over to the side.Is this
because of the centerfire rigging or just the way the
saddle is made? Is anyone else with a Big Horn having
these problems?

   The Big Horn has served it's purpose...wasn't sure
how interested in CTR and endurance I would be so I
didn't want to make any large investments. Well I love
this sport and need to upgrade but don't want to
invest major bucks when I know my filly's back will be
changing. I also like the endurance "western" syle so
am only looking at this type of saddle.

   Thanks so much for any input!

Penny