Re: RC: Re: RC: How to keep riding after the baby

In a message dated 03/06/2001 7:07:52 AM Central Standard Time,
susanssky5@horsecity.com writes:

<< I don't know what you ladies are thinking (now I sound like Howard), but
*ahem*, where are your husbands?  Wasn't it there idea to have a baby, too?
Mine takes our son to a swap meet or flea market one weekend day so I can
ride, and finds other activities they can do together one or two nights a
week.  Or, they sit outside and watch Sky and I in the roundpen.  And, we
both work fulltime with long drives, and he still finds time to ride his
horse on the weekends.  One day a month, we get a sitter and ride together
for 1/2 day.  It CAN be done. >>

OK, I started to get real frightened here, until I read this mail.  I am due
the end of June.  I have faced the music that my saddle will now sit and
collect dust.  My first son, I just faced the fact that it was time for me to
give up Endurance riding for TOO LONG.  Now I have a delightful husband that
also does Endurance, so he knows what my desires are first hand.  He will be
riding both of our horses the first part of the year. (to keep mine in shape)
Then he is planning on taking the side lines for a few months so I can ride
some rides.  Then next year we are planning the OK, today you ride, tomorrow
I ride.  Gee hope that works.  :0)  Unfortunately I am the only one that
comes equipped with the bottles.  He has even promised to fix up the round
pen so I can work the horses in my time of "GREATNESS."  (OK, big ol' belly
syndrome)  I am excited that we will work this out.  But as Susan said this
wasn't just my idea to have a baby. I plan on playing a mama Koala bear,
keeping the baby with me as much as possible.  I was raised on a horse or in
the barn so why shouldn't this one as well?

Take care all
Happy Trails
Jinnifer