re: re: Awards, EN, etc.

To anyone:

About the patches and jacket thing, yeah, I like the award jackets, too,
as a matter of fact, I've got a couple.  Some of the best-made jackets
I've ever had have been ride award jackets.  This year, I replaced the
zipper on a beautiful teal one from 1991, (I think).  That new zipper
cost me more than the jacket is worth, But that's ok, I really like the
jacket.  It has held up well, and I wear it everywhere, from the barn to
big bashes.  However, I wouldn't put patches on this because it's too
pretty as is!  And, guess what????  I HATE TO SEW!  I'm much better with
a pitchfork than with needle & thread! After I sewed mileage patches on
another jacket, stabbing my fingers countless times, the other patches
got put in a drawer someplace.  (By the way, AERC, you owe me a few
mileage patches, which I've never croaked about 'til now.  Wish you
would check the records & catch up someday.)

Also, I have not yet forked over $$$ for a sewing machine, so there you
have it.
If I'm going to sew at all, it'll be by the  Betsy Ross method.  (Ugh!
Ouch!)

So, since I'm not nimble with a needle & thread, that's one reason I'm
not wild about the patches (although I probably don't have to worry
about being in the running (literally) these days.  Another reason I
like the plaques is because I think they're a lttle classier than
patches.
A well-known rider I know had one (plaque) on his trailer, and it looked
very unique.
He said he had put it on with "liquid nails", and I'm sure there are
other ways of mounting that would keep it safe & secure.

SZ

"Good Horses Make Short Miles"@