re: AERC Awards, & EN

Standardizing the year-end regional awards sounds good to me.  Maybe
something like a Redwood or nice burlwood  plaque for the first time,
with appropriately engraved metal plates that could be placed on the
plaque for awards earned in following years.  (The Swanton Ride plaques
come
 to mind;  I think they are very classy.)  This sort of thing would be
something fairly portable, and could be attached to the inside or even
the outside of a horse trailer, RV, camper, etc., or mounted at home, or
in the barn to be admired.

I'm thinking it would be nice to have something that would become a
tradition.

As for EN, I like it the way it is now, with the color.  It's sort of an
eye-catcher, which I use to promote our wonderful sport of endurance
riding at my local IAHA club (mostly show-oriented, trying to resist my
conversion attempts!).  Whenever I go to these meetings, (or to other
"horsey" events), I take along some issues of EN with me, and set them
out prominently.  It's amusing to watch how people are drawn to them,
and then will perhaps want to chat with me about endurance.

Those colorful covers are great awareness-raisers!  I, too have lots of
back issues of EN, and don't mind sharing them with anyone who expresses
interest in our sport.

Well, my fingers are about "wore out", so I'll sign off for now.

Sarah Zegers,  AERC #7055

"Good Horses Make Short Miles!" @