AERC finances

At 09:34 AM 1/2/01, Steph Teeter wrote:
>For AERC members - here's something to think about: AERC is going to need
>to either reduce expenses or increase revenue to stay in good financial
>standing in the near future.

Before anyone starts talking about reducing expenses via the obvious (EN or
year end awards), I'd like to know if AERC has had an audit or other review
to discover how efficiently it is being run financially.  Aside from the
rides themselves, the EN is the only contact most members have with the
organization.  All the EN has to do is break even (I don't know how close
it comes to that - and I do know it's been discussed on this list before
but I HATE going through archives!).  Awards can be financed from the
"outside".  So I guess what I'd like to know is how I can get an accounting
of AERC's expenses.  When does the profit/loss stuff show up (or does it?)
in the EN?

Lif Strand
Quemado NM  USA
             Lif & Paul Strand  STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
           Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html