groupy horses

Hello ridecampers...I hope you all got to ride today....hopefully the rain
has taken a break in your neck of the woods.  It has here (though the rain is
scheduled to return tomorrow).  anyways, I went for a ride today on
MY(!!!!!!)  horse.  I went with her two best friends (and siblings--Desire
and Seeker) and one other "outsider" horse.  The "outsider" (aka Sinbad) has
trouble when horses leave him or he has to go in back.  Actually, it is a
good exercise for all of the horses . So what we did was started out in a
group, then one person held back and the others went on.  Then, someone else
turned around and went in the opposite direction, past the first horse.
Then, that horse would be in back.  It is also good because they don't just
have to be in back, but they also have to go in the opposite direction.  We
did this at a walk for a while and then moved it into a trot (with less
turning and more changing positions).  This worked very well...does anyone
else have any methods of getting horses used to this type of thing.  I could
be more specific on what we did...but I would have to describe the whole
ride....and you don't want to read about that, right???
let me know
thanks
-Renee and her new bud Soul's Serenade
rider: 25 lifetime miles...horse: 25 lifetime miles
*horse and rider got their miles at different rides on different days
:-)