Painting horses???

We have the first Egyptian ride Mar 12, a 20 km set speed event, with we are
hoping up to 50 entrants. Generating lots of interest and even more white
hair, at least on my part. We will inevitably be asking dumb questions and
here's the first: What do you use to paint numbers on the horses and what do
you take it off with. Some bright individual suggested spray paint, but I
can't see it as being environmentally friendly....specially to horse butts.
Quick response would be appreciated.

Funny thing about this ride: Last year on my birthday, which happens to fall
on March 12, I made myself a promise to get endurance going here. My initial
suggestion was a 20 km set speed ride to introduce our riders to the idea of
training. As various members of the breeding and riding community took the
idea and ran with it, it went through an amazing number of changes, only to
end up back where I suggested we start and on my birthday, no less. I'm
taking it as a good omen. <G>

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
gabbani@starnet.com.eg