from Angie

Angie McGhee Rides2far@juno.com
<< I also met briefly the now (in)famous Angie McGhee... - she came racing into the vet check at a racing trot and was yelling at us to look at her  horse so we would know he was sound... I had to jump out of the way! :) Anyway, her horse was fine.  >>

>My Angie has so much class; don't you think?  I guess all the >other riders waiting there in the ine let her go ahead of them, >with her being famous and all.

Dearest Howard,
There was nobody in line. Kaboot had been fine on the trail, but trotted a little off at the 3rd check.  The vet had me go back out and I was totally paranoid that I'd bring him in and he'd stiffen up and not complete after doing the whole darned 50 miles.  He'd trotted sound the whole loop, and I knew I'd gone slow and he was probably down, so I rode straight through all the crew area and into the vet check area (they were lounging under a tent :-)  I think I sort of shocked them with the urgency of my request...but then, I'm more paranoid than most.  I just wanted to get that trot out over with.  I've had two friends recently finish rides, then their horse trotted out "off" at the end.

Now, as for you Howard.  I can't believe you're still talking mean about me when I'm not on-line to defend myself.  And after I actually DEFENDED you at the ride!!!  Somebody said you needed to be gelded and I strongly disagreed.  I said I thought you'd make a fine teaser stallion.  All that noise and never gets lucky. >eg<>

Met Steph Teeter.  She recommended that I try having Jaye Perry look at Kaboot's shoes and he thinks the outside of his left fore is hitting first and causing soreness. We've re-shod more level and added shock absorbing pads.  Wish me luck.  By the way, had Ken Marcellas do a thermogram of Kaboot and it was interesting.  His back was perfect and that really made me feel good.  You always worry if it's your riding or the saddle or something. Really weird.  He was doing a thermogram shot of the hoof and there was just a blank area in the middle.  Looked at the hoof and there was a very superficial crack there.  Just that little crack apparently really interfered with circulation in that area.

I'm packing up for the convention.  Leaving out Thurs.  I hope eveybody will introduce themselves!

Angie