From: cds [mailto:trierfrm@internetcds.com]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2000 9:11 AM
To: Joan Ruprecht; Dakoiah@aol.com; RockingB@worldnet.att.net;
ridecamp@endurance.net; Uri Driscoll; Dick Wild; Marlene Allen; Paul
Roach; mmcgowan@humboldt1.com; sb la
Subject: RC: Re: Re: Re: OVETS AND YOUR TRAILS

----- Original Message -----
From: Joan Ruprecht <ruprecht@tidepool.com>
To: <Dakoiah@aol.com>; <RockingB@worldnet.att.net>;
<ridecamp@endurance.net>; Uri Driscoll <UriD@webtv.net>; Dick Wild
<wild1@humboldt1.com>; Marlene Allen <allens@humboldt1.com>; Paul Roach
<proach@ix.netcom.com>; <mmcgowan@humboldt1.com>; sb la <sbcgm@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2000 6:56 AM
Subject: RC: Re: Re: OVETS AND YOUR TRAILS

> I have tried to encourage multi purpose trails here in Humboldt and when
the
> planers are approached its a big negative towards horses.
>
> We are just not well represented and or considered significant.
>
> Joan in the Redwoods.

REER and the Cresent City Horseman, find out who the Recreational person is
in the BLM or FS and get to know them. Stop by their office and ask how the
trails are or how the planning is going. It becomes hard not to accomodate a
group that avails themselves to them. The problem is most of us really just
do not want to do what it takes, it takes being persistance to continue to
oversee what is happening in our own area. . I've got the Siskiyou Prodject
in this area trying like heck to close off huge area's to horses because
they feel it is destroying the wilderness. Joy in the Siskiyous