Halleleujah ride

Well, it was yet again another good ride. I am happy to report no major
crashing or burning, and most problems were solved easily. The big thing
that could have been a problem was the heat plus a bunch of hairy horses,
mine included, but people were sensible and took good care of their
horses.
Dinah Rojek and Lois McAfee had a nice run off for the finish of the 100
miler... I believe Dinah won, and it was close for BC as well. The horses
looked good.
My two horses were ridden in the 25 miler and completed looking good,
though tired (we need more riding time). My daughter rode the 5 year old
Basks Bold Lace in HER first endurance ride as well as my daughter
Heather's first completion ever... normally it's a bad mix to get two
greenies together, but this pair fits together very well and Lace is one
of the most sensible mares I have ever worked with. My husband rode IAS
Shah Wisaoud - which is NO easy task as the my friends at the KY Stampede
last year noted. He just loves to go, but Tony managed to keep him down
to a dull roar and they did well. This was Shah's first ride since he
bowed a tendon three years ago now (I think I remember right) with Rae
Bolton, from a bad fall. He is looking good. It was also Tony's first
ride, and I have to say I was amazed- I have never seen a Chinese guy
riding a horse in Spandex tights- but he was GLAD he wore the tights
after I warned him about those lovely leg burns you can receive if you
wear jeans... :)
They came in dead last, but that was fine with me... Heather got a turtle
award and they took good care of the horses... I am proud of both of
them...
I also met briefly the now (in)famous Angie McGhee... - she came racing
into the vet check at a racing trot and was yelling at us to look at her
horse so we would know he was sound... I had to jump out of the way! :)
Anyway, her horse was fine.
Anyway, fine weather, good vets, lots of old friends and great people and
FOOD besides! :)
Gwen Dluehosh DVM
Remington, VA
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!