Re: RC: Weight question

  If all of the international folks got their act together and race in weight
divisions like we do in AERC then you would have a true endurance race.  As it
is now its just a ride for the tiny hiney set.  Jerry

>20 yrs from now you will be remembered and honored as the Grande Dame of
>Egyptian Endurance Riding & you'll be sitting in your rocking chair in front
>of the Pyramids telling everyone war stories of how it was in the good ole
>days.  Be sure to get lots of photos for the "Back When Maryanne Started
>Endurance Riding" articles.
>As I just make the FEI weight I fortunately don't have to worry too much.
>Enjoy ice cream & cookies before a ride to be sure to hit the weight.  I've
>seen folks with lead weights duct taped to bottom of the stirrup.  Friend of
>mine used 2 ankle weights my son had picked up in sporting goods store
>strapped around her waist (they feel like they have sand in them as they
>conform to your waist --- getting sand should be no problem where you
are!).
>I've tried adding weight for conditioning rides & found I was most
>comfortable with adding weight around my waist, or just below (seemed to be
>my center of gravity).  Adding it to the saddle made the saddle slip unless
>it was centered & secured so the weight doesn't flap around on the horse's
>back.  Race tracks have saddle pads that have pockets for lead weights.
>Hopefully, more experienced riders will respond.  Do know that Linda
Crandell

<http://www.endurance.net/>http://www.endurance.net.
<http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp>http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp