extruded and steam rolled

Okay, I'll express my ignorance:  what does extruded mean and how does one
know if the grain has been steam rolled?  I feed a senior feed to a senior
horse (duh), as well as C.O.B. to the other horses, occasionally.

ex0trude (ľk-strád2) v. ex0trud0ed, ex0trud0ing, ex0trudes.
‹tr.
1. To push or thrust out.
2. To shape (a plastic, for instance) by forcing it through a die.
‹intr.
To protrude or project.

I did look it up but was not sure how it was related to grain.  Is it the
pelleted grain (perhaps referring to def. #2 )?

Dede