Re: RC: Re: Tieing up

In a message dated 2/19/00 9:40:36 PM Mountain Standard Time, Tivers@aol.com
writes:

> The study suggested that the subjective
>  tests carried out at the 'End-C' and/or '8'X' time points were not useful
in

>  predicting subsequent performance in the final canter phase (Phase D) and
>  neither were heart rate, rectal temperature or respiratory frequency.

Tom,
    It seems the variables addressed in this abstract targeted "predicting
subsequent performance in the final canter phase."  That is relevant, I
suppose, in the arena of three day eventing.
    "Fit to continue" and "predicting subsequent performance" aren't quite
the same thing, though.
    And it seems that what was determined from the test, (as is stated in the
above snip), was that the test was not useful as a means to determine much of
anything.
    Now, as to what constitutes "fit to continue", I don't care what is
written down, it seems to vary measureably from vet to vet in endurance.

    Frank.