Re: RC: Re: Tieing up

In a message dated 2/19/00 4:41:34 PM Pacific Standard Time, Tivers writes:

<< The Lady of Inconsistent Opinions. Last time, faced with the cite, you
said HR recovery was only one of several tools and that vets used their best
judgement, anyway. And that's when we got into the "horse show" argument--can
you remember that far back?  >>

Clearly you don't.  It is one of several, but also one of the most
reliable--especially when taken on to the next step as a CRI.  Good ride vets
will pull horses who have good recoveries but other poor parameters--but I've
never met a one who would send a horse out with a poor recovery even if
everything else looked fine.  Clinical experience DOES count for something,
believe it or not.  And as I recall, I was not the Lone Ranger in trying to
remind you of that last time, either, so I guess the rest of the seasoned
docs out there are pretty darn dumb, too.

Heidi