-----Original Message-----
From: CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com [mailto:CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2000 8:52 AM

>> The horse is the
SINGLE exception among species that have been studied, as he can elevate his
heart rate as much as SIX times over his resting rate, making his anaerobic
threshhold considerably higher by comparison than other species, as he can
get oxygen and fuel out to the muscle tissue at a much higher rate.  (If you
want references, Tom, I'd suggest you go to vet school--learned this in
Cardiology over 20 years ago, didn't give a rat's patootie about sources
because being able to quote the reference doesn't alter the findings, but
since you seem to be in disbelief when folks in the real world mention facts
without the correct journal quotations, I'm sure the cardiology profs at
school would be glad to oblige you--they were "into" that because they were
an active part of academia themselves, but bless their hearts, they did not
ask us to cite references on exams, nor did any of the board exams require
us
to cite references, either, so I didn't waste my time memorizing who
discovered what.)