Re: RC: Advice on hobbling

sorry hit send by accident-put the hopples on and stand by.  I have only
had one horse fight the hobbles and she gave up quickly.  Most either
just stand there and have to be shown how to move.  Pick a foot up them
put it down-show them how to do baby steps!  One filly I hobbled just
gracefully sank to the ground.  We took the hobbles off and tried again!
Eventually they all learn to gallup in hobbles.  It slows them down but
we had a friend who want to bed one night camped in the mountains
leaving his horses hobbled to graze and in the morning they were gone.
Had to hire a plane to look for them and eventually found them several
miles and drainages away.  Still hobbled but grazing happily.  Our
horses are highlined at night.