RC: Re: Wintec 2000 AP

Terri--I have a new Wintec 500 dressage saddle.  This is the one where
you can change the gullet yourself--don't need to take it to a saddler.
It came in either the standard or wide tree, and then you can adjust up
or down in gullet size from there.  I bought the wide tree, and found
that on my 3 Arabs, it was a little too narrow.  So I bought the xwide
gullet and changed it and now I have a good fit.  It sounds to me that
if the saddle is higher in the front, your tree/gullet size is too
narrow.  However, if its up in the back, that sometimes can mean its too
wide in the front, tips down in the front and the back rises up.  So I'm
confused by your description.  Perhaps you are putting the saddle too
far forward--that's another thing to consider.  If you want I could
email you a picture of my Wintec on one of my arabs for you to compare
to.  Hope this helps.

Regards,  Susan

L. Susan Brown-Leger         Marine Chemistry & Geochemistry Department
email: sbrownleger@whoi.edu                    Mail Stop #25, Clark 410
phone: 508-289-3246                Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
fax:   508-457-2193                                Woods Hole, MA 02543