CTR: Region 1 Convention

Although many of you are not interested in NATRC, Region I is having its
Mini Convention on Saturday, February 26 (same day and close to the
Shine/Shine Ride) and although we will not have the vendors you will have
in Reno, Plush Seat Bottoms and Pony Express will both be there as well
as others.  Following is a brief agenda for the day:

++++

Region One of the North American Trail Ride Conference (NATRC) will be
holding it's annual convention this year at the Loma Prieta Community
Center in the Santa Cruz Mountains (between Los Gatos and Scotts Valley)

8:45 a.m. 	Can my horse do it?  Nancy Smith Kasovich
9:15 a.m.  Saddles and tack (Jim and Jan Jeffers - Pony Express)
9:30 a.m.  Conditioning and feeding (Karel Waugh)
10:15 am  Trail and zoning issues (Connie Berto)
10:45 am   Julie Suhr - First winner of 20 Tevis Buckles

	Note - I believe every one of the speakers have one or more Tevis
	            buckles and are members of AERC

1:30  pm   Vet's viewpoint (Greg Fellars and Mike Witt - both Tevis
veterinarians)
3:00  pm   Horsmanship - Picky or practical?  Panel scenario

Convention attendees with campers and motor homes are welcome to "camp
out" in the parking lot of the community center Friday and Saturday
nights.  In addition lodging is available in nearby Los Gatos and Scotts
Valley.

The cost of the convention will be $35 per person for adults and $15 for
juniors.  Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are available by reservation.

For more information, call Karel Waugh at (408) 353-1466
(karelw@earthlink.net) or  MarleneTakle at (408) 353- 2419
(martakle@ix.netcom.com).  For registration forms, call Jackie Mehus at
(408) 395-2388 or (408) 353-4300 (jackie@mehus.com).

Hope to meet so can associate some of the e-mail faces at convention.

Carol

----

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.