Re: RC: Bringing up Gramps!

My first endurance horse was a quarter/morgan cross I bought off a rent
string.  Conditioned him for endurance at age 15 or so and did Drakes Bay 50,
which was not an easy ride.  He did just fine.  He did 500 to 700 or so miles
in his lifetime.  His front legs were so bumpy that Mike Tomlinson would put
TNTM on his vet card which meant Too Numerous Too Mention.  He was built
perfectly straight up and down and should have been lame with what we used
him for, team roping, jumping, hunter hack, ride and tie and endurance, but
he never was lame until he was about 22 with arthritis.  He lived to
36..........I maintain that almost any horse at almost any age can do
endurance.  Maybe just not as fast as others.........maryben