RC: Big Horses

Yes, Bette, Mike is right.<g> If you have any extra's give me a call also.
My personal preference is a bigger horse. (1) I've found him to be easier
to ride -once you get up there. (2) I'm tall and simply feel more
comfortable on a larger horse.
I did make a mistake in thinking that a small horse could do a 180 quicker
than a big one.  Nope, my big horse does it just as fast and with more
power!
The smaller horses I've ridden have done very well for me, so I'm not
slaming the smaller mounts, but it's just plain more comfortable to post
and lope on a larger horse. (for me)
Right now I'm riding a 15.2+ Paint and a 14.3+ Arab.  Both are fun, both
very different horses.
I would think the crosses to the bigger breeds would be a perfect choice
for the taller, larger rider who wants the size.
Jan
>Bette, You need to get rid of those big horses. Just talked to a sheik and
told me they were not good endurance horses. Sell them to me real cheap ok?
By now you know I am just teasing! I am starting a 6 yr old  Anglo/Arab
that is a true 16 hand gelding and last spring started an 8 year old
Arab/Trakehner. Neither is as agile in the hills as my 15.2 hand Arab.
Heart recoveries are close to the same. I hope these big horses do well and
will keep you informed. I bought a 16.2 Trakehner mare that I am breeding
to Halynov's son Ben. Mike<