tights/synthetic saddles

Ok, as ride season approaches and I'm getting in high gear,
I need new tights. I have been riding in cotton lycra (On
course brand I think) and I have a Thorowgood synthetic
saddle. I haven't noticed a problem, but last night as I
was perusing the HUGE array of tack/equine catalogs, one
catalog said that with synthetic saddles, you should never
use cotton/lycra, but should use nylon/lycra. Someone
enlighten me please. (Will nylon/lycra keep my @$$ in the
saddle better?) If you know the answer to this, could you
also suggest where you get your tights and which you
prefer, etc. (I'm tall, so always need long ones, no
stirrups! Yuk!)

Heidi and Mighte El Donte (Just PLEASE don't suggest any
more purple..... I'm starting to look like I carry around a
huge grape on my back! How undignified!)

=====
Heidi              /\_/\~