Re: RC: Selenium problem

Thanks Heidi,

I have not tried the injectable yet, but after what you have said, I will
give it a try.  I need to do something!

You mention a problem with overall red cell production.... Can you give me a
rundown on this?  What are indicators of this, and what can be done, etc.

Nope, I wasn't at the PNER convention.... I was riding!
I have an excellent horse first aid book,( called Emergency!) that has an
in-depth section on tying up.  And from that I learned that Rayna has had
both types of tie up, Type A and Type B.

The problem is, her diet and excersize are not conducive to either type, and
the only common denominator of these tie ups is a long haul in a straight
load trailer.  She has never done it at a race when she was hauled slant,
and never at home.

I have a feeling it has something to do with her stressing muscles in a
straight load, and is compounded by some sort of deficiency in her blood.
(Or whatever other factors are involved in tying up)

So, I need to do more homework, and ask more questions.

Julie, Rayna the Mountain Monster, Jynxie the Wonder Pony, and Decker the
Rookie
Brush Prairie, Washington