Thanks for advice

I will be thanking you individually, but I wanted to take a quick moment to
thank everyone who sent advice on the (herdbound, ringboned) TWH.  I talked to
the horse's vet (and previous owner), who relieved my anxieties on the
herdbound aspect, and she is mailing x-rays to my vet so that he can judge the
extent of the ringbone.  Basically, it's his view that if it's seriousness
depends on whether it's articulated or not (on the joint vs in, to the best of
my understanding).  If it's on it, he suggested (as did many of you kind
folks), that if I really still want him to ask to take him on a month or two
lease to see if he will stay sound with how I want to use him.  To those of
you who said, "keep looking, there's more horses out there", thank you, I
know, I agree, but he was really special physically and mentally, and, being
slightly arthritic myself, I thought I'd give him a little further chance
before totally turning him down.  Once again, you all are the best, and I
appreciate all the advice.
Theresa Radandt
Michigan's beautiful U.P.