Re: RC: re: helmets

In a message dated 2/8/00 4:32:54 PM Pacific Standard Time, mskit@utec.net
writes:

<< I must say, I'm incredably amazed by the number of people who "hate" their
helmets. I love mine. Both of them fit very comfortably, although I do like
the Trox a bit more.  >>

Well, I didn't add that chronic neck problems made me leery of wearing a
helmet in the beginning (any extra weight on my head can cause neck pain), so
I shopped for the lightest I could find--which was the Troxel at that time.
(There may be lighter ones now--haven't shopped for awhile.)  Must say that
it has caused me NO problems in that department, and although it takes some
getting used to when you AREN'T used to wearing one (Lord knows many of us
grew up riding like Cossacks in an era when helmets were unheard of and just
thankfully did not land on our heads), eventually it becomes second nature.
I can't exactly say that I ENJOY wearing mine, but at least it has become
such a habit that I no longer pay it any attention.

Heidi