Re: RC: Re: Fw: RC: endurance prospect, etc.

In a message dated 2/7/00 6:52:06 PM Pacific Standard Time, Tivers@aol.com
writes:

<< It was a "holier than thou" posture that Heidi found attractive. >>

Hardly.  I just prefer "winning" in a different context.  And if pacing my
horse and coming in second instead of expending all he has to offer that day
to win means that I can come back in two weeks instead of four, and beat that
winner of one race in the overall point standings at the end of the year,
then I'm gonna do it.  My "race" is over the long haul, Tom--some of us have
wider horizons than "right now."  It's a different sport, and your failure to
comprehend it does not make it "holier than thou" or "emoting" or any of the
other icky labels you care to invent.  I thought putting words in other
people's mouths as you do was a rather Clintonesque sort of ploy anyway...

Heidi