Re: RC: Fw: RC: endurance prospect, etc.

In a message dated 2/6/00 8:28:50 PM Pacific Standard Time, Dbeverly4 writes:

<< Tom, someday take that helicopter ride and come check out the Tevis trail
-- now THERE'S a gamble if there ever was one.  Regardless if you're a "win
is to win" type or a "finish is to win" person.  Tom, I don't want to start
an argument with you (God knows you'd kick my butt), but I think your
response to Whitney was a bit of an overreaction and (dare I say it?) kind of
rude.

 Sylvia (putting on my asbestos flack jacket) >>

As long as you politely acknowledge that I'd kick your butt in an argument,
I'll allow you to call me rude, Sylvia.

Meanwhile, all athletic endeavors are a gamble--we just had a fellow in panty
hose trip over a root and break his collarbone--I mean, talk about risk
taking! Could have ruined those hose.

Yeah, I was a little rough on poor Whitney. Lord knows I'd love to come from
higher moral ground myself--but I'm a racetracker, slithering out of the
cesspool of horsedom into this polite Ladies Aid society. Can't help but make
a mess.

Still, Whitney's tougher now, and she won't be so shy a lurker any more.
Sounds like she knows what she's doing and has a lot to contribute. Think of
it this way--she's been interval trained by the best. Watch. She'll win next
time.

ti