Re: RC: Re: helmets

In a message dated 2/6/00 11:31:58 PM Pacific Standard Time, CMKSAGEHIL
writes:

<< That wasn't how I read that post--I think the poster just meant that she
feared neck injuries (not blaming them on helmets) and wondered how often
they happened in proportion to head injuries.

A young girl (teenager) who exercises horses for a friend of mine recently
fractured her skull being tossed from a horse.  She wasn't wearing a helmet
-- her rationalization  (she claims the ER doc said this) was that if she had
been wearing a helmet, she would have broken her neck !! (??)  For the life
of me I can't figure out how that could be.  That's her story and she's
stickin' to it though.  She's required to wear a helmet when riding my
friends' horses, but she was at another ranch when the accident happened --
helmetless.

Sylvia