Re: Dutch Warmblood - further defense (and also pedigree)

Tamara Jane Habberley wrote:

> Over here in the UK one of the past national champions at endurance was a
> trakherner cross anglo arab sally who also won the solstice 100 ride three
> consecutive years. She looks like a warm blood but it dosnt stop her!

Hi Tamara,

Sally has not only won the Solstice three times but was also
winner of the Eldric Trophy in 1994 (I guess). She made it by
winning the 2 x 100 km of Montcuq, France, with setting a new
record by winning both days. She also won Montcuq the following
year. Yes, she really does not look like an endurance horse, but
she could run forever. If you know her rider, Jackie Taylor,
please say hello from me. And don't forget Pete!

BTW, another world class horse, Nelson, also does not look like
a real endurance horse. But he, too, could go as he had shown in
1996 at the WEC in Kansas (3rd place), 1997 in Rome, Italy at
the European Champs (1st place) and then under his new owner
Sheik Maktoum in 1998 in Dubai by winning the pre-ride for the
WEC. This horse has shown that he can go in very different
locations and under very different circumstances.

So big non-purebred-arabs can be real endurance horses...

Happy trails from Germany,

Wolfgang + Ninja 11 (158 cm anglo-arab with a touch of polish
warmblood "Wielkopolska")